Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring is Here (:

And along with spring comes contest season! So anyway...

FULL CONTEST- the day we left for Disney World (which I will tell about in a minute). I thought we had done amazing, but apparently not. We got a 1, 2, and a 3 on stage. So according to the judges, we were superior, excellent and good? Makes no sense to me. But we did get sweepstakes in sightreading (yay!) even though I was playing violin! I guess that means I can kinda sight read... (:

DISNEY MAGIC MUSIC DAYS- we played for 3 1/2 hours with a Disney musician, and we recorded ourselves playing Beauty and the Beast and even got to put it to the movie. I sat 2nd chair cello, but my director told me after that he wished he had put me first chair. Apparently I have better leadership skills. Go figure.

FIDDLE AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY- our fiddle group took the stage at Downtown Disney for 30 minutes, but that wasn't enought for some folks. We got a large round of "encore" but the people in charge wouldn't let us do one. It was a lot of fun though.

ANKLE SURGERY- what?! That's not music. But its still happening, this week. I ruptured the ligaments sliding into 3rd base in softball.

STRING CONTEST- April 21, which I will be in a pretty pink cast for. We are playing some little Bartok movements and a trumpet concerto, along with some other little sarabande thingy. And my teacher specifically asked me to play cello for this contest, implying to me that I would be able to lead the section this time. I sure do hope so.

And Maddie, if you read this, I have no idea if I'm going to camp this year... as much as I do want to. And for anyone else who is still in high school, go to www.ttuboc.com for the best music camp ever.

The end (for now)
Sarah, Sadie & Henry

No comments: