Sunday, January 31, 2010

:D!

So I'm going back to State again. 4 years in a row (: But the solo...

I've been prepared for a while. Really prepared. This is the first year I've been this prepared. So I'm okay all morning. Then I get to the room and I'm NERVOUS. Shaking nervous. Full-out scared. I go in, tell him how scared I am, blah blah blah. I start my concerto, and it sounds AWFUL. I can't do it. So I ask to start over and start crying. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTEST. Then everyone was like no! no! It's okay! And then I start over. It went pretty well, minus a few slips off the fingerboard and other random faux pas. The I was about to cry when I was done. Then the judge told me that the parts that were flawless were amazing. And that he screwed up his senior recital in college and had to stop. Then my accompanist told us that the reason she was off the whole time was because her pages had copied wrong. Sooooo, yeah. I went home sobbing, thinking for sure I wasn't going to qualify for my last year. Then my friend texted me and told me I'd done it! I was so happy.

So yeah, I'm going to state again (: That 's pretty much it!
Love you!
State Bound Sarah & Sadie

No comments: